Wednesday 25 December 2013

Change Farm Utility ( CHFARM) Has Stopped Working

Well, this issue was occurred to me last weekend, when I was busying myself changing my Citrix XenApp servers from farm A to farm B, using GUI. Why? because I have nothing to do (on weekend? seriously??). Please put my forever alone life aside, shall we? Well, this issue occurred to my XenApp 5 for Server 2008 farm. Hmm, Server 2008 is the keyword there... :)


Issues :
  • Citrix Admins received below screen after putting the credential for ODBC Driver Access.
  • Citrix Admins can't move forward, as the GIU will froze just after putting the credential.



Troubleshooting 
  1. Go to Start > Run, and type SecPol.msc

     
  2. You will be prompted with all UAC permission, so just proceed accordingly
    Click at I want to complete this task

    Press Ctrl + Alt + End
    Press Continue


  3. After that, you will see this console. Our focus is on Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

  4. On the right column, find this configuration, and check the setting configured



Resolution :

  • Right click at the configuration item, and choose Properties

  • From this box, change the option from Enabled to Disabled

  • Once done, you can press Apply, and then OK.
  • Not that you need to reboot the server in order to get this changes reflected.
  • Below explains what the option is all about
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment